After any relevant investigations we will see you again in clinic. We will talk you through the findings from investigations and together make a plan for the most appropriate initial treatment. We believe it is important for you to understand what the problem is with your knee and what treatment choices you have. This allows us to help determine what is the best management course to follow. We are currently developing a number of strategies to help us decide which treatment would be best suited to your requirements.
There are several routes for treatment:
- Advice (lifestyle advice, painkillers, anti-inflammatory drugs)
- Review of symptoms after a period of time.
- Specialist physiotherapy and rehabilitation
- Injection treatments (Steroid / visco-supplementation).
- Further specialist investigations
- Surgical interventions